Thursday, April 02, 2009

Condo or no Condo


We like Mazatlan, because it is kinda easy to get to, not as easy as Zihuatanejo, but for family and friends from the states they sometimes fly down and it's easy connections.

You don't have to schlep through DF, or take a red eye from Miami.

The other thing is that it is somewhat civilized. Whats my definition of civilization?
Ok, WalMart, Home Depot, Fabricas De Francia, Soriana, Starbucks...............

No I don't go there everyday, but when I need something and don't want to drive around town for endless hours only to find out that the small store only has one of something I need two of, I succumb to the big box store............Sorry!

Anyway,
Now that the US economy is in a meltdown similar to placing a cube of butter into a microwave oven and hitting the 5 minute setting, I was looking at Real Estate.......

I sometimes look at Real Estate just to reaffirm how fortuante I was in getting soom years ago...
.
Heaven knows, I wouldn't be able to afford it now.............

Unless it is a beachfront condo in a Mazatlan complex.
I know, the old adage, of If it Flys, Floats or XXXX's .......then Rent It!

And yes I know that it will probably take 343 years to make sense to own a condo, but I have been scanning the ads anyway.

I've be hoping for an ad that says that for $20 thousand you can have a 20 thousand square foot elegant home on the beach.

Not yet, and probably not in my lifetime.
We pay 60 bucks a night in our run down hotelito, on the beach, protected from the vendors and hordes ( except Sundays) and at that rate it would take only 1250 days of paying rent to justify, even close the purchase of a condo.

Since we only stay maybe 30 to 45 days a year at the place that's 27 years of rent......That's not even considering monthly dues etc.

I think I can stay in the presidential suite for a real long time in order to make financial sense.

Now I need to figure out a way of really justifying it.

None come to mind......way too practical,
Sorry friends and family, you will just have to get your rooms somewhere else.

Sounded so good, though...............

I wonder if other people are happy with their investments?
Maybe someone will convince me.................. maybe not.
Or maybe just go to Zihuatanejo from now on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Condo for 20K, buy it!