Thursday, April 19, 2012

Summer is here...almost


March, April, May are probably the nicest months up here on the mountain overlooking Patzcuaro and the low lands.

One of the reason we enjoy the high mountain life is the temperature. Yesterday we went to Morelia for errands, the temps there were in the mid 80's. Returning to Patzcuaro they were in the low 80's, pulling up into the driveway at the house we were in the mid 70's.
The flowers are blooming, because of the few rains we got a few weeks ago, lots of countryside are nice green, with contrasting wild flowers abound.

We have a flower bed which we put in several years ago and yesterday I made a special effort to take a few photos of these gorgeous color displays. I don't know the name of these, but the display is something to stop and enjoy and we did just that.

Click on the photo and you will see the great detail and color.....absolutely natures best!

6 comments:

Brenda Maas said...

The flowers and leaves to me look like a Hibiscus. They come in various colours and there are double ones also.
I love this flower and also like the juice and tea made from the dried blossoms of the red ones.
Jamaica juice/tea.

Calypso said...

Lovely photos hombre

Anonymous said...

Hola Tancho,
Nice pics! I think Brenda is right. looks like some kind of hibiscus. love that jamaica tea. you can buy sacks of it here in NY but it isn't as fragrant as the stuff we cart home from patz when we visit. Good post.
-ac-

Tancho said...

I have heard of Hibiscus tea, but never figured out it was that flower.
I wonder if I can save the dried up blossoms and steep them?
Worth a try!

Calypso, they were indeed a camera moment begging for a snap.

Anthony, now you peeked my curiosity, will try some soon....

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures. Hibiscus tea is used to help lower blood pressure. It can be as effective as medication. Tastes pretty good too.

Jackie M.

Tancho said...

Well Jackie, that is probably an even better reason for me to try it. I can always use something to lower my blood pressure, especially after reading the world news.....
Thanks for the info!