Saturday, December 13, 2008

Yes, I know better.....



Since there's no snow or Salvation Army volunteers ringing their bells, I needed something to remind me of the Christmas season.

What better than to maneuver around the parking lot for eternity then being mowed down by a shopping cart full of toys with whining,screaming, snotty nosed kids in tow?

I decided to go to Wal Mart.

Like the mini experience in our Soriana Store in Patzcuaro was not reminder enough.

There's something about being stuck in a isle gridlocked by shopping carts and the smell of popcorn and chorizo that obliterates any distant reminders of pine needles and mulled cider.

It was an excuse for me to get some discounted spirits for visitors this season.

Not that I need an excuse...

Maybe I do.

Onward to Sears and Fabricas De Francia!

2 comments:

Michael Dickson said...

I got stuck in that Wal-Mart parking lot a week ago. As soon as I turned in without noticing what was there, I started to maneuver out. Took a while. Didn´t even get out of the car. I imagine it´s just gotten worse. I dislike Christmas and always have, at least since I grew up and quit believing in Santa.

If I could just sit in peace and listen to yule music, it would be fine, but you can´t just do that, especially if there are women around.

Tancho said...

Yeah, I don';t like it since they remodeled it and added the other stores there, parking's a real pain now. I almost can never get a spot if I need to go into Home Depot now also.....Maybe we can talk Soriana into getting more (better) stuff?
What? Michael....What do you mean there is no Santa? Are you sure?
Next thing you are going to tell me is that there's no Easter Bunny!