Tuesday, August 12, 2014

TV or Not TV

Since Dish TV went away a few years ago, we got the Canadian alternative to pick up all the channels we were use to.

That changed yesterday when they announce a software update on the receiver.

After down loading the software it did a reset and so long.

After calling our rep in Canada, we were able to restore some of the channels, in the reset we lost all our saved programs we had on the DVR. Had I know that I would have offloaded my programs that I took a lot of effort in recording and saving.

SO....if you have a Shaw DVR I would suggest you offload them ASAP, so now we have to screw around with it to try and get back what we had last week.

Another reason I don't embrace change too well.

If you don't have a DVR you may not have the same problems, so Good Luck.

No comments: