Friday, October 17, 2008

And they are good for you!


I sometimes drink orange juice, I use to a lot before I found out that it wasn't good for you. It seems that the stuff you buy at the store, even thought it says its natural and stuff is really bad according to a nutrition class I took awhile ago. Seems that they add sugar in natural form to preserve and make it taste better because the oranges are picked before they really achieve the natural sweetness they are suppose to.
So I was told that only fresh squeezed juice is ok. Thats fine if you can afford 6 or 7 bucks at home for a glass at a health foods store. Here I can by a 40 lb sack of oranges for about 45 pesos.
So it takes about 5 oranges to make a nice big glass, not the tiny ones you get at a restaurant for 3 bucks. Now I have fresh orange juice 4 or 5 times a week. Oh, 45 pesos is about 4 dollars......That sack was 4 bucks.........And it's fresh........no additives........no chemicals.......no preservatives........what a healthy guy I am!

No comments: